Welcome! Paula Interfestival is a new festival for theater, dance and contemporary circus taking place this August in St.Gallen Switzerland. We focus on the regional performing arts and its artists while also inviting selected companies from the rest of the nation as well as international productions. Below you find the key information about this new exciting festival. See you at Paula!
The interfestival for theater, dance and circus
Paula brings together the artistic potential of the region and its freelance artists and makes it visible. Theatre, dance, performance and contemporary circus make up the programme: world premieres and guest performances by regional actors and groups, national productions and inspiration from the international scene.
Designed as a biennial festival, Paula performs in various locations in the heart of St.Gallen: the two halls of the Lokremise, the Grabenhalle, a circus tent on the Kreuzbleiche and the public space might become a stage as well. The festival center is also located on the Kreuzbleiche: it welcomes the audience with a bar, covered seating area with tables and lounge, food stands and a central information point.
Creation laboratory for actors of the independent scene
With the «Laboratoire Paul» we aim to make space for everything happening «within» before being brought to the stage and shown to the outside world; the quiet creating and crafting, the loud frustration and the doubts – the place where «big ideas» are born. It is about inspiration, relentless experimenting, confrontation and failing. All while looking for a way of working, that nurtures instead of draining energy and leaves room for everything unforeseen.
The invited artists meet in joint training sessions, workshops and performative improvisation formats: creating together, inspiring each other and sharing their artistic experience. They are also part of different showings and shows during the festival.
- Anna Blumer, Acting, CH
- Amit Yamin, Music, IL
- Amnon Barri, Dance & Performance, IL
- Aviv Perez, Performance, IL
- Darshana Rosenthal, Dance & Performance, UK
- Elenita Queiroz, Dance, BR
- Fiammina Catti, Performance, CH
- Roberto Guerra, Acting, IT
- Ueli Hirzel, Circus, CH
Accessibility – Paula for everyone!
Measures ensure that the Interfestival is also accessible to people with disabilities: Translations in sign language, program information in simple language, barrier-free access in all Paula locations or a special check-in for visitors with special needs.
- Michael Finger, artistic director,
- Rebecca C. Schnyder, head of administration,
- Silja Munz, communication,
- Jürgen Wössner, typography
- Viktoras Zemeckas, technical director
- Gabriela Steiger, administrative assistant
- Mara Natterer, co-director «Laboratoire Paul»
- Francois de Saint Georges, artist support
- Elia Hüsler, infrastructure and design
- Laura Oertle, infrastructure and design
- Marisa Mayer, infrastructure and design
- Lucia Gerhardt, film and photography
- Serafina Müller, gastronomic manager
- Urhaitz Txapartegi, key visual Paula Interfestival 2023